Wednesday, April 30, 2008

A very busy Wednesday

Hi everyone,

I realize that I am getting slower and slower at posting as things pick up here with spring field work and kids activities! Sorry about that! Today, I made STICKY CHICKEN an easy slow-cooker recipe--not only is it easy, it is portable if you need to take it out to the field! Always a plus for the busy farmwife!!!!

4 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon white pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon pepper
3-4 pounds drumsticks, skin removed
1 onion, chopped

Mix the first 8 ingredients together: rub mixture all over chicken. Place chicken in a Ziplock back and refrigerate overnight. The next morning, sprinkle onion on the bottom of the crockpot; place chicken on top. Heat on low setting for 8 hours. (note: depending on your crockpot- by the end of the 8 hours there should not be a lot of liquid hence the name Sticky Chicken! If your slow-cooker is not real hot there will be too much liquid so you will want to turn it up to get the desired stickiness! :)

STICKY CHICKEN
That's what was for supper
in
FARMCHICK'S KITCHEN
TONIGHT!!
Have a great week! I will post again on Friday.
FARMCHICK

Pin It!

2 sweet chicks commented here:

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Thanks....I am always looking for slow cooker recipes!

vivian said...

looks yummy! I would have to substitute breast for drumsticks,, but I may try this. I love to use my slow cooker while I'm at work!