Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Time to make meatballs!


These Saucy Meatballs are great if you are going to be gone all day or in and out of the house! You can prepare them in the morning and throw them in the crockpot! When supper time rolls around they are ready to serve! The ingredients that you will need are as follows:


1 cup milk
3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
3/4 of a package of Lipton onion soup mix
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
1-1/2 pounds extra lean ground beef
1 cup ketchup
1/2 cup water
3 tablespoons cider vinegar
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon smoke salt

In a bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Crumble beef over the mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls. I like to put my meatballs in the oven to brown just a bit but you certainly do not have to. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a bowl, combine the ketchup, water, vinegar and sugar; mix well. Pour over meatballs. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until the meat is no longer pink.
Saucy Meatballs....that's what's for supper in Farmchick's Kitchen tonight!
Thanks for stopping by and please come back again! Feel free to leave me
a comment......as you know........I love reading them and will always comment
back on your blog!
Farmchick

Pin It!

4 sweet chicks commented here:

Irma's Rose Cottage said...

I just love reading your blog. You have such great recipes.

Hugs:)

Irma

Connie said...

Those meatballs sound delicious. I'm gonna try them. Where in the world do you get those recipes? Do you come up with all of them? I'm impressed, my little chickadee.........
Smoochies,
Connie

acutescrubnurse said...

Made the meatballs yesterday. They were very good, even Al ate them.
Have a great Sunday!

Kindra said...

Hi Tania!! We had these yummy meatballs last night for supper! They were so YUMMY!! And easy to make! My 4 year old gobbled them up. He said I make the best suppers. So thanks to you, my son thinks I'm the best cook! :)

I tagged you on my blog! Come see!