Saturday, April 26, 2008

Man-Fillin' Mostaccioli Italiano!!



Say that fast three times! :) Hi everyone! Hope you are all doing well. Today I am posting a very FILLING meal. A small serving goes a LONG way. Just right for hard -working, hungry men (and women too!) This is another one of those dishes that travel well - so you can take it out to your farmer in the field - and it is great reheated too! This dish is a combination of two different dishes - I took things out and added things in to my liking. This is what I came up with........


MOSTACCIOLI ITALIANO

1 pound Mostaccioli- cooked per directions
1 pound extra lean ground beef -- browned
1 small onion -- browned in with the beef
2 - 26 oz. jars pasta sauce
1 - 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cracked pepper
1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
In a large bowl, combine pasta, meat, onions, sauce, tomatoes,
cottage cheese, 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Mix well. Spoon into
a greased 13x9 baking dish. cover. Bake 45 minutes at 350 degrees
or until hot and bubbly. Uncover; top with remaining mozzarella
cheese and parmesan cheese. Bake 10 minutes longer.
Take out of the oven and you have a hearty pasta dish. Goes great
with a nice green salad and a dish of fruit! Everyone will love
this dish so give it a try tonight!
MOSTACCIOLI ITALIANO
that's what's for supper in Farmchick's kitchen tonight!
Enjoy!
Farmchick
By the way...this is REALLY hard to photograph.
My photography is not that great as you can see
so the photo doesn't really do it justice.


Pin It!

3 sweet chicks commented here:

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

Wow! This looks really good! This will go on my list of meals to take out to the field.

Susan said...

MMM! Looks good, going to have to try it.

Carolyn (Sea Mystery) said...

You're killing me girl! I have never seen so much great looking simple to make food in my life! I am so glad I found you. You're in my favs for sure. xxoo