Friday, April 11, 2008

Fun FOODS for KIDS Friday! Spicey Down Home Fries


Today I have an extreme craving for

SPICEY DOWN HOME FRIES
I don't own a deep fat fryer. I
prefer to make oven fries
which are MUCH, MuCh,
healthier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have many versions that
I will show you over time.
What do I need to make
these zippy fries??????
2 tablespoons onion soup mix
2 tablespoons chili powder
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon cracker pepper
8 large baking potatoes
Pam
In a large ziplock bag, combine all the spices.
Cut each potato into eight wedges.

Place the potatoes in the bag- shake to coat.



Arrange potatoes on baking pan sprayed with Pam.

Lightly spray the wedges with Pam.
Bake, uncovered, at 425 degrees for 20 minutes.
Turn and bake 15-20 minutes or until crisp.
You can adjust the spices if you like it mild or HOT!
You can eat them plain or serve
with your favorite dipping sauce.
Ranch dressing is popular with
children and will help to cool
down the spice!!!!!!!!!!!!
Another day I will post my FAVORITE
version of home fries but for today
try my

SPICEY DOWN HOME FRIES it's what's for supper in
Farmchick's Kitchen
tonight!
Have a great day!
Farmchick

Pin It!

1 sweet chicks commented here:

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Awesome....I will try these....I love making new things.