Monday, April 14, 2008

A Farmchick Favorite

FIRECRACKER CASSEROLE 


 
This
casserole
is a family
favorite in Farmchick's kitchen.
 
Not only that, it is also very
quick and easy to make. As we
begin our long days of
field work and spring planting
I try to make things that
go together quickly and
that can be reheated
and still taste great.
 
Just put all the ingredients
together and pop it in the oven!
 
What do I need to make
FIRECRACKER CASSEROLE?
 
Ingredients:
2 pounds ground beef (extra lean)
1 medium onion, chopped
1 can refried beans
1 to 2 tablespoons chili powder
2 to 3 teaspoons ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 flour tortillas (6 inches) Cut into bite size pieces
1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
black olives (optional)
 
Directions: In a skillet, cook the beef and onion until the meat is no longer pink; drain.
Add beans, chili powder, cumin and salt.
Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish.

Cut tortillas and arrange tortillas over the top.

Combine soup and tomatoes; spoon over the tortillas.

Sprinkle with cheese and olives.

Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through.
-----------------------------------------------------------
That's it!! Simple and delicious!!
This dish is easily transported
to the field so that your
hungry farmers can
have an enjoyable supper.
 
As we begin spring
planting I pray for
some moisture here
as it is very dry.
I would rather have
rain but will gladly
take snow!!!!
 
I hope you enjoy this
casserole. Remember:
I love your comments
so keep them coming!
 
Firecracker Casserole
that's what's for supper
in Farmchick's Kitchen
tonight!
 
Enjoy!
Farmchick

Pin It!

8 sweet chicks commented here:

The Vintage Housewife... said...

HELLO FARMCHICK YUMMY THIS FAVORITE LOOKS SO SO SO GOOD...I'M GONNA TRY IT...THANK YOU FOR THE WELCOME BACK...BLESSINGS CAT

Baba's Blog .. Babies Are Special said...

wow... your casserole looks wonderful...I will have to try it..My name on my blog is Baba, which is a short name for Barbara..My grands started calling me by this name after they were in Japan for five years..They told me it was the meaning for grandma over in Japan..Whatever ..I love it and all of them call me Baba..Thanks for your visit to my place and come back any time... Hugs, Baba

Susan said...

This looks so good. Will be trying this out on the kids this week.

Anne F. said...

Wow this looks good. I will be adding this to my list of to try. Keep these wonderful receipes coming you are making my family happy for some new favs from you.

Irma's Rose Cottage said...

Your casserole looks yummy, I will have to try this receipe soon.

Irma :)

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

I've made one very similar to this....very good!

Hope you get the rain you need....we are hoping for a little break from the moisture.

Vickie said...

I came across your blog from Susan's. I'm going to put this on the menu for next week it sounds good. :)

Jamie said...

This looks so good...I have a question...would I be able to sneak it past my husband who would die if I told him it had beans in it? ;0)

My mouth is watering...I want to make this so badly, but I can't eat the whole thing myself!