Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Chicken Burgers anyone??

Hello! Today I am going to show you something a little different.

Chicken Burgers

Many stores carry the chicken already ground.

I like to buy a bag of frozen chicken breasts

and grind my own. I like them lean!

If you don't have a meat grinder....

that's okay. Just buy yours in the store!

This is a picture of the chicken

after I ground it with a

grinder attachment on my

Kitchen Aid. Gotta love

the Kitchen Aid!!!



So, what do you need for the burgers?

Ground chicken about 2 pounds

1 envelope onion soup mix

several grinds of pepper

one small onion, chopped

1 cup of fresh bread crumbs

The bread crumbs help keep the meat together.

Now, all you do is mix all those ingredients together

and shape your patties. Either grill them or

fry them in a pan sprayed with Pam! I chose

to fry mine on this particular occassion!


Okay, so my patty is not evenly shaped! Oh well, I

was in too much of a hurry I guess!

Now, you can eat these just like you would

a hamburger with ketchup, mustard, pickles

tomato and lettuce OR you can try something

a little different. Put coleslaw on top of your

patty! It is very tastey that way! I like to use

hard rolls for this burger. If you decide to

try it with coleslaw click here to get my

coleslaw recipe.

I hope you enjoy this lean yet tasty sandwich!

Chicken Burgers


Now that's what's for supper in

Farmchick's kitchen

tonight!

Have a great day!!

Farmchick

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

yummy! I have never even heard of these, but they sure look good! You are an amazing cook. Little Mocha Jean is sure sweet. Pretty soon she will have green grass to romp and play in!

April 8, 2008 at 1:46 PM  
Blogger Frazzled Farm Wife said...

It looks delicious!

April 10, 2008 at 10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home