Friday, March 14, 2008

Spareribs....there will be none to spare! :)


Tender Spareribs with a sweet yet spicey sauce. These ribs will have everyone coming back for more. All you need:
Spareribs of course
kosher salt
Cracked pepper
B-B-Q sauce (I make my own and some day I will share the recipe with you)

Put the ribs in a big kettle of boiling water. I like to do this for several reasons. One, it really makes the meat tender and two, I think it gets rid of some of the fat. I don't like really rich meat. Boil the meat for about 30 minutes. Take out the ribs and place them on a cooking sheet covered with tinfoil. (less cleanup that way)

Sprinkle a little kosher salt and cracked pepper on both sides of the ribs.
Using a brush paint the sauce on both sides of the ribs. Put in the oven for about 15 minutes at 300 degrees. Take them out and paint both sides again. Bake 15 mintues. Repeat the painting and baking steps two more times. Watch them carefully and turn down the temp. if they start to burn. (I think a bit burned in spots is good) That's it folks! Serve your ribs with a nice lettuce salad, a side of Patchwork rice (see recipe above) and you will have one happy family! Enjoy. Spareribs with sweet & spicey bbq sauce--that's what's for supper in farmchick's kitchen!

Farmchick






Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home