Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Rhubarb season is coming up here!


In anticipation of my rhubarb coming up soon. (hopefully) I decided to dig through my freezer and pull out my LAST bag of rhubarb. Today, I am going to make
Rhubarb Lemon Muffins
they are delightful! What do I need you ask.
Here is the list of ingredients that you will need:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
2 eggs
1 teaspoon lemon extract
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup canola oil
1-3/4 cup rhubarb
In a large bowl, combine the flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder,
salt, ginger and cinnamon. In another bowl, combine the eggs, buttermilk, oil and
lemon extract.
Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the rhubarb.
.

Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Sprinkle tops sugar.
Bake at 375 degreesfor 20-25
minutes or until a toothpickcomes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes
before removing from pan to a wire rack.

Now, peel away the paper and enjoy with a
cup of coffee or a cold glass of milk.

Rhubarb Lemon Muffins


That's what's for snack in

Farmchick's kitchen

today! Until next time....


Farmchick

Pin It!

3 sweet chicks commented here:

Antonella said...

Rhubarb? Yummy. Sounds delicious... I haven't found many people who like rhubarb, my mom used to make rhubarb strawberry pie :-)

Thanks for your note about adding me to your bloglist. I am honored!

Hugs, antonella :-)

HippieDog said...

They sound delicious. I remember we had a Rhubarb....bush I guess you'd call it and we used to eat them right off the vine....sour if I remember right--but I loved it! I will have to try this. I noticed you have a ....mix master? I'm finally going to purchase one in the fall and want to make sure not to mess up and get a good one....one of the Kitchen Aide ones I guess....any suggestions? Thanks for your help :)

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

Oh my, these look fantastic. I can just taste them they look so good!