Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Patchwork Rice-A farmhouse side dish!


Patchwork Rice not only tastes great it looks great too with all the different colors of vegetables that you add. It is a great side dish. All you need:

3 Tablespoons canola
1 onion
4 oz. can of sliced mushrooms, drain it
Approximately 2-3 cups of assorted vegetables. Today I am using carrots, celery.
12 oz long grain and wild rice
4 cups beef or chicken broth

First off chop your veggies.

Pour your canola oil in a large saucepan and then saute onion until it is translucent. Add mushrooms and other veggies, saute until tender. Add rice and stir in broth, grind a little pepper in also. Stir well. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat. Simmer until broth is absorbed, 20-25 minutes.

Patchwork Rice....that's what's for supper in Farmchick's kitchen tonight! Enjoy. On Friday I will post the ribs I made to go with the rice. Come back and visit me soon! I love comments so please do!!

Farmchick

Pin It!

4 sweet chicks commented here:

acutescrubnurse said...

hey there,
I made your tortilla chips strips tonight with some taco soup. Both were very good. I had never made taco soup before, but had some left over taco meat in the fridge & freezer. So, I made my own little virgin of Taco Soup, Rita Style.
Tomorrow, I will be making shredded beef. My oh my, I am getting closer to being a farm chic!!
Hope you're having a great day.
Rita
Farm Chic in the Making

acutescrubnurse said...

oh dear God, I cannot believe you have to approve MY comments!!

Jodi said...

Farm Chick, Thank You for visiting my blog and for your fun comments! I LOVE your Blog. Oh my goodness. Every single recipe looks totally scrumptious. I have been in such a cooking rut. This is EXACTLY what I needed! I'm thrilled you found my Blog! I can't wait to try a little of somethin, and everything!

HippieDog said...

Thank you for visiting me! I love your recipes and got your site through Ele...isn't she a honey?? Just love her! Can't wait to see more of your yummy recipes :)