Sunday, March 30, 2008

Farmhouse Barley Soup...

Hello everyone! I hope this
finds you all happy and well.
As I said in an earlier post-things
have been hectic. My Grandma
fell and broke her hip & her
wrist. She is doing okay.


Do you need a quick & hearty soup recipe?
Something that is wholesome and healthy??
Well, try my
Farmhouse Barley Soup!

Check out the list of ingredients and then get up and gather them up!

1/2 pound extra lean ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 clove garlic
5 cups water
1 14-1/2 oz can stewed or diced tomatoes
5 teaspoons beef base
3/4 cup quick Barley
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/2 chopped carrots
1 9-oz frozen mixed vegetables
In a dutch oven brown meat, add onions, garlic, celery and carrots.
Cook until tender. Stir in remaining ingredients
except for frozen veggies. Simmer for 10 minutes.
Add frozen vegetables and cook until tender.
Additional water may be added if soup
gets too thick after standing.
Make yourself a nice salad and cut
up some crusty fench bread - sit
down and have a nice steaming bowl of
Farmhouse Barley Soup!
That's what's for supper in
Farmchick's kitchen tonight!
Thanks for visiting my kitchen!

Farmchick


Pin It!

3 sweet chicks commented here:

HippieDog said...

Thank you for the soup recipe. I love soup! I could live on this I do think :) Saying little prayers for your grandmother. Have a beautiful week.

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

Oh my, I'm soooo proud of myself. I made this soup on Saturday before I even looked at your blog. We must have been in the same mood! I just love soup. Not much for WW points. Does that mean I can still eat a cadbury egg???? Maybe so!

Irma's Rose Cottage said...

Thanks for sharing your recipe. Also liked your rhubarb lemon muffin recipe from your prior post.