Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Time to make fajitas--OLE!

Hello everyone...I hope this finds you safe and warm! Things here are starting to heat up..or should I say cool down for a full fledged blizzard! I like storms but I want all my little chicks safe and sound at home first!

As we go a long you will find that my fav-o-rite food is Mexican and Tex-Mex. I just like it....love it as a matter of fact! Today, I am going to make my version of fajitas. Using lean meat and lots of peppers and onions....it's healthy! You can't go wrong there. Gather up the following items:

1/4 cup olive oil

1/4 cup beer

2 tablespoons lime juice

2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce


2 teaspoons salt

4 cloves garlic (pressed in a garlic press or grated)

fajita seasoning (I like Spice Trend- Fajita seasoning--found in your spice aisle)

1/4 teaspoon ground pepper

2 pounds skirt steak

3 peppers green, red, yellow

3 onions

tortilla shells

Cut your steak in thin slices..remember to cut against the grain for maximum tenderness!

Combine olive oil, lime juice,beer, Worcestershire sauce, salt, garlic and pepper. Place meat in glass dish, pour marinade over and rub into meat. Marinate in refrigerator 6-12 hours, turning meat occasionally. Yes, it is best to avoid botulism, to keep it in the refrigerator!

Heat and skillet on high--get it nice and hot! Now, carefully throw in you marinated meat. Cook until it is nice and brown and cooked through.

While the meat is cooking clean and slice your onions and peppers. Now, normally I use all colors of peppers but I don't have any at home today so I am just using green peppers. I like the different colors as it makes the fajitas look so much prettier but this will have to do for today!



When the meat is cooked to your liking throw in the peppers and onions. Mix carefully. Sprinkle a teaspoon or so of fajita seasoning on the pepper/onion/mixture. Cook until the veggies are tender but yet crisp. ( I don't like them too soft) Spread mixture on tortilla and roll up! You can make your own tortillas if you like. If you would like to try my recipe for easy homemade tortillas...click HERE. Serve with homemade guacomole, sour cream and salsa if desired. One of these days I will show you how I make my guacomole!!

Steak fajitas...that's what's for supper in Farmchick's kitchen!!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home