Sunday, February 3, 2008

Tasty Chicken-Salsa Dip--Great for parties such as the upcoming Super Bowl Party!

Hello everyone-
We are having our own little family Super Bowl party so I am not getting too carried away on the food. I decided to make this dip because our entire famiy enjoys it and it is easy to make. (and it is not too unhealthy!)
----------
Get up and check for the following ingredients.
8-oz. salsa
8-oz. cream cheese, softened (I used 1/3 fat kind)
4-8 oz. cheese (whatver you like cheddar, Mexican blend, colby/jack ect)(Today I used lowfat Colby Jack)
1/4 cup diced onions (you can omit if you do not like onions)
2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and diced
seasoning for your chicken


Cook chicken until juices run clear. I used Chipolte Seasoning. See picture

Blend half the salsa with the cream cheese.

Spread this on the bottom of an ungreased 9" pie plate. Top with remaining salsa. Sprinkle the chicken and cheese on top. I also sprinkled just s dash of cayenne on top for color. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.

This dip tastes just as good with the lower fat cheese and lower fat cream cheese. Once again, it is up to you how low cal you want to make it. I have not tried it however, with no fat cheeses.

Hope you enjoy the dip! Happy Super Bowl.

Dip your chip into the the dip but BLOW on it before you try it....it's HOT! You just took it out of the oven silly!

Enjoy,

Farmchick

Pin It!

1 sweet chicks commented here:

Anne F. said...

Oh my another good one. I am saving this to make next weekend when we celebrate two of my older boys birthdays the boys will go nuts over this one.