Sunday, February 24, 2008

Cheesy Chicken Noodle Bake - Yum Yum!



Cheesy Chicken Noodle Bake is easy to make and it's great for all ages! Kids young and old love the oodles of noodles baked in lots of flavor! All you need to make this dish is:

12-oz package of egg noodles

2 cups of cooked chicken breast

1 tablespoon canola oil

1 cup diced carrots

1 cup diced onion

1/2 cup diced celery

2 10-3/4 oz. cans of cream of chicken soup or you could use one cream of mushroom if you like

1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

1 cup chicken broth

1 cup scrunched up cornflakes (for the topping)

1/4 cup butter

Boil the noodles for only 3 minutes! No longer. Drain and set aside.
Cook the carrots, onions and celery in the canola oil until tender.


Brown the chicken until cooked through.


Combine with the remaining ingredients except for the cornflake crumbs and butter.


Pour into a greased casserole dish.


Sprinkle on the cornflake crumbs and drizzle butter over the top. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
Recipe notes: I used reduced fat cheese and sometimes I don't even use cheese and it still tastes great. So, if you are trying to save calories you can surely cut out the cheese. You can use bread crumbs for the topping I did today but I don't like them as well as the cornflake topping. I didn't have cornflakes so I had to go with the bread crumbs. Use whatever you prefer. Also, I don't use butter for the topping....I spray Parkay Butter Spray on the crumbs and they brown up just great with less fat!

Have a wonderful Sunday with your family.

Cheesy Chicken Noodle Bake is what's for supper in Farmchick's kitchen tonight!


Enjoy!

Farmchick

Pin It!

3 sweet chicks commented here:

Susan said...

Does look good! Have to try it.

Your package will be in the mail this afternoon.

Amy said...

Hi!
I just stumbled on to your blog through another one and this sounds yummy!
I was thinking that I needed a new casserole recipe for this weekend so I'm going to try this!
thanks!
Amy~

Kindra said...

We had this last night for supper! And as always, it was yummmmmmy!! Keep the great recipes coming! Love your blog!